Friday, May 11, 2018

Exciting and Unhappy Cultural Differences


Cultural differences make me excited, but they sometimes make me unhappy for three reasons. First, I feel both honeymoon and homesickness. In America, I found a lot of strange things, went to unknown cities, ate American food and saw beautiful views. I learned and enjoyed American culture. However, these strange things didn't feel like my hometown to me. I became homesick because I felt cultural differences between America and Japan!! Second, American people's way of thinking is different from Japanese one. Sometimes, Japanese were hurt when they talk with American people. Maybe, they misunderstood, but American people's tone of voice is sharp for Japanese people. American people are kind, so I think they don't care about this. However, most Japanese people have no confidence and are negative. Third, the land of America is so large. Because of this, I can go many places and find strange things, but it is difficult for me to go there in a short time. This traveling takes a lot of time, no matter how fast the plane is. In addition, I got a middle ear infection after I took a plane, so I'm afraid of it. However, everyone has to take a plane when they move in America. Finally, it is difficult for me to communicate in English. NO matter how much I study English, I will cower and can't speak English. I want to improve the skill of speaking English, so I will try to talk with many American people. For three reasons, cultural differences make me excited, but they also sometimes make me unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment