Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Amazing Cultural Differences

I have found many surprising cultural differences between America and Japan during study abroad. First, almost all Americans don't take off their shoes when they enter the house. I saw my host parents didn't take off their shoes when I had a homestay. Japanese take off their shoes and enter the house, so I felt it is very strange for me. I think that Americans don't have a habit of sitting on the floor so they can put on their shoes into the house. Japanese sit on a step and take off their shoes. I also think that the entrance of America has no difference in level than the entrance of Japan because they don't have a this habit. Second, there is a tip system in America. There isn't this system in Japan, but I think it is a good system because it can know gratitude. It is a very good way to convey appreciation so I think that Japan should also adopt the tip system. If Japan adopts this system, motivation for many people will improve. Finally, I think that most Americans treasure conversations with family. For example, most Americans eat a meal together for their family and they have conversations so meal time in America is longer than Japan. I think that it is important to have conversations with family because they can notice a little change by talking everyday. However, Japanese families don't talk so much even if they eat together so I want to talk more with my family. Cultures are completely different from Japan, but I like American cultures so I recommend you study abroad because knowing cultural differences are so interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment